City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Uniforms in Laura?

Go down 
+2
Arthor
Ice Bradley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice Bradley
Apprentice Scribbler

Number of posts : 27
SL Name : Ice Bradley
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:19 am

Just tossing an idea up in the air, as i like it.

I know many doesnt think highly of the idea of wearing uniforms as a red caste. But i dont think anyone can argue in some of the cities who uses them it looks good with a gathering of men all wearing one.

It would also clearly define to everyone who is upholding the laws and who to contact should it be needed. On top of that it would give the city a more booklike look as for atleast what the warriors are wearing, if offcourse its made properly.

So what does everyone think of the idea, if people like it and agree ill have it made, either by myself or pay someone to make it.
Back to top Go down
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Number of posts : 149
Homestone : Tancred's Landing
Role : Merchant
SL Name : Arthor Landar
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:13 am

I like the idea of having all warriors in red tunics, as described in the books. I do wear one regularly, somtimes one from Vigo Creations, but preferably the Myron Tunic from Husky's. That last one does cost some linden indeed, but it's a beautiful one. And when worn with the boot-like sandals from Vigo, it looks good (IMHO)

I also received this msg today :

The object 'Vilandra Miles' has sent you a message from Second Life:
City Uniforms - You'd like your homestone guards to wear an unique uniform that's really Gorean? ViGo now offers to make such on special request. Read more about in the notecard. Best wishes and we hope you all had a merry Christmas and gonna enjoy New Years Eve.
= Vilandra Miles is owned by Vilandra Miles
= http://slurl.com/secondlife/Terra%20Micron/230/215/657

May be ViGO can make a nice tunic, designed especially for Laura.
However I will also keep wearing that Myron Tunic... just like it too much
Back to top Go down
Ice Bradley
Apprentice Scribbler

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:03 am

yeah i got that messages aswell, and that was what gave me the idea. I know my girl is really good at making clothing ill talk to her if something could be made, else ill happily pay the 10k lindens it costs for having Vigo creating something for us, if people are interested.
Back to top Go down
Sheena Thirroul
Apprentice Scribbler
Sheena Thirroul

Number of posts : 25
Homestone : Northern Woods
Role : Panther
SL Name : Sheena Thirroul
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:57 am

hi all!

i am not of the cities, but i think it would be somewhat logical.

armies in such scenarios are often recruited by available men who brought their own stuff or got what was available, making them a mixxed bunch of people.

guards on the other hand often where recruited and trained and in sevice for a long time and should be noticed as part of the guards by all people, even those passing through.

only problem is see generally is, not all people can spend the money for that, but the offer reads like it is made for a set price and the city gets the clothes as tranfser and copyable items.
Back to top Go down
Markos
Forum Admin
Markos

Number of posts : 111
Homestone : Laura
Role : Administrator
SL Name : Markos Binder
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:05 am

I actually like the idea. I think it would be a good idea for each guard to wear the tunic when on duty, and wear whatever they want when off duty. This presents a good, disciplined, uniform front to enemies, while marking "on duty" guards easily for the citizens. I was going to talk to Vigo about this. If your girl can make something suitable Ice, I would pay her for the trouble, if we got copy/transfer rights when done.
Back to top Go down
https://cityoflaura.forumotion.net
Ice Bradley
Apprentice Scribbler

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Nah we dont want anything for it at all, however i will need a week or so to complete it then ill add a matching sword and shield and perhaps a few extra things.
Back to top Go down
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Number of posts : 190
Homestone : Laura and the Meadowlands
Role : Proud Red Caste Captain
SL Name : Gavin Kleinfeld
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:02 pm

Only two reservations with this:

1) As long as it is free for the men. I hate to impose a fee on anyone or make them buy an outfit just to RP, that's why I like it when sims (like Laura) give away a free FM or FW clothing. I think it should be free. It's bad enough we have to buy expensive weapons LOL.

2) As long as this does not lead to a strict "working hours" thing for all warriors. We all come online to have fun, not to work our asses off. If we do this, I can see it being "oh you're on duty now, I can harass the bejesus out of you in RP and fill your IM with a bunch of BS cuz you are **on duty**..".. As long as the men can still come and go as they like, depending on their RL and their online stress level, LOL.

Otherwise, I'm all for it, I rather like the idea of a "unified" front, visually speaking. Erus Atlas, former 2nd Sword, had suggested this a while back, but there were SOOOO many things to do when getting a sim going, this kinda fell by the wayside, so thank you Ice for bringing it up.
Back to top Go down
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Sheena Thirroul wrote:
hi all!

i am not of the cities, but i think it would be somewhat logical.

armies in such scenarios are often recruited by available men who brought their own stuff or got what was available, making them a mixxed bunch of people.

guards on the other hand often where recruited and trained and in sevice for a long time and should be noticed as part of the guards by all people, even those passing through.

only problem is see generally is, not all people can spend the money for that, but the offer reads like it is made for a set price and the city gets the clothes as tranfser and copyable items.

Okay, I'm gonna say it.. I see you on the board all the time and never see you in SL LOL. When are you on? Very Happy And, btw, well met. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sheena Thirroul
Apprentice Scribbler
Sheena Thirroul

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:14 pm

gavinK wrote:
Okay, I'm gonna say it.. I see you on the board all the time and never see you in SL LOL. When are you on? Very Happy And, btw, well met. Wink

well, that might be because i no longer roam the woods as one of the reasons ^^
i left gor some time ago, aside of short visits every now and then
Back to top Go down
Ice Bradley
Apprentice Scribbler

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:17 pm

It will be free and part of a packet ill make for the warriors, with a uniform, shield,sword and some rp props
Back to top Go down
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:59 pm

Sheena Thirroul wrote:
gavinK wrote:

Oh LOL that would explain it then. Laughing
Back to top Go down
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:59 pm

Ice Bradley wrote:
It will be free and part of a packet ill make for the warriors, with a uniform, shield,sword and some rp props

Then hell yes, I say YES.
Back to top Go down
Mamuth
Forum Neonate

Number of posts : 10
Homestone : NW, Var Viverra tribe
Role : Slave
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Sheena Thirroul wrote:

Aye, and during one of those visits you noticed a boy you never saw before and scared the hell out of him by saying "Boy, come with me now!"
And this boy never saw you before either... Wink

After that we had some good talk and lessons in the upper camp, but your call really was the first one in three weeks time that made
me feel... "oops, watch out for this huntress, she may be a tough one".
Back to top Go down
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Number of posts : 149
Homestone : Tancred's Landing
Role : Merchant
SL Name : Arthor Landar
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:10 am

Ice Bradley wrote:
yeah i got that messages aswell, and that was what gave me the idea. I know my girl is really good at making clothing ill talk to her if something could be made, else ill happily pay the 10k lindens it costs for having Vigo creating something for us, if people are interested.

Well, I guess you do not have to pay those 10K by yourself. I guess it would not be that hard to find other warriors willing to donate some linden to have tunics made for Laura. And, indeed, if they are transferable, new warriors can be given their tunic as soon as they passed their tests.
Back to top Go down
Sheena Thirroul
Apprentice Scribbler
Sheena Thirroul

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:22 am

Mamuth wrote:
Sheena Thirroul wrote:

Aye, and during one of those visits you noticed a boy you never saw before and scared the hell out of him by saying "Boy, come with me now!"
And this boy never saw you before either... Wink

After that we had some good talk and lessons in the upper camp, but your call really was the first one in three weeks time that made
me feel... "oops, watch out for this huntress, she may be a tough one".

*patsd your head* maybe ask your owner if she allows you to visit me for teaching that whats left since i left the tribe too Wink

*looks at arthor* thats a nice idea, i hope the test for the guards is not only pew-pew ^^
Back to top Go down
Ice Bradley
Apprentice Scribbler

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:48 am

For those that which to see the uniform draft, come find me ingame and ill be more than happy to show it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uniforms in Laura? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniforms in Laura?   Uniforms in Laura? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uniforms in Laura?
Page 1 of 1