City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slave Surgery

Go down 
+7
Byron
VeritusXue-deleteuser
Charnia
Markos
Dren Bernard
Karlotte
Sage
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aria
Devotee of the Quills
Aria

Number of posts : 128
Homestone : Simple, wild, lovely Laura
Role : Stealth Physician
SL Name : Aria Eldridge
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Slave Surgery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slave Surgery   Slave Surgery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:43 pm

/me takes a deep breath.

I just want to say:

1) I apologize if I personally have been lacking in any way but beg you all to remember that Laura is currently the LARGEST Gorean city in SL, and with extremely limited staff and a RL too, we are doing the best we can. Wink

2) I support Sage's decision, and I would have done the same.

3) I am very, very proud of my city. Smile

Now.......

Quote :
As a fully trained healing slave for in Gor's time, over a year, *could* I perform some minor surgery. Possibly. Would I do it? It depends. If a slave laid on the table before me dying no I would not. If some random free person laid on the table before me dying, no I would not. If someone I consider very close to me laid on that table, Anya, Ari, Sage for example I have to put some serious thought into the matter and decided if my Mistress would prefer me to retain my life or theirs. Now if my Mistress or Gavin laid on the table before me, know this, yes I would do all I could to save them. Even if that meant surgery. But doing this I would know FULL well that within minutes of doing so I wil be killed. I would be making that choice to save my owners life as hers is FAR more important that I, a meager slave.

So with all that said should you ever touch something like a scalpel to cut an arrow out? I say it depends but YOU MUST know the consequence of your actions.

/me cheers!

As Markos identified in his earlier restricted-from-serving-you quandary.... due to their obligation to be pleasing to all Free, and due to the unlikelihood of all Free to agree on what is pleasing, slaves are likely to be put into sticky situations on a semi-regular basis. Sometimes those will be life-or-death, gut-wrenching decisions. Gosh, isn't that exciting?? Wink

As I said last night to another, as the owner of a private slave I could order mine to refuse to kneel to any Free, drink paga in public, wear Robes of Concealment and perform surgery in my absence. But it would violate the social laws of the Gorean environment, and if I was not personally there to enforce and protect (actually, not me, I'm a woman, pretend I'm a man for a second)... what Free would tolerate a slave acting thusly?

Maddison (whom I do know and like quite a lot ooc, FYI) acted in a way which threatens my standing and my worth as a FW when she chose to practice as though she was a member of my Caste. ICly I am horribly offended by such an uppity slave. She would have been killed as an example to other slaves who forget their place.

Now, ICly you might be a brilliant surgeon transplanted from Earth. You might even really enjoy medical roleplay. But you do not get to roleplay as a Physician, just like you do not get to roleplay as a Warrior if we are suddenly raided and you do not get to roleplay as a Magistrate if a sudden issue arises. It is a limitation of your role, which you accepted when you chose that role. Much like I cannot put on silks, dance on tabletops and flirt shamelessly with men - that is a limitation I accepted when I chose my role. In Gor, you just don't get to have your cake and eat it, too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Byron
Apprentice Scribbler
Byron

Number of posts : 46
Homestone : None
Role : Black Caste
SL Name : Byon Greenwood
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Slave Surgery   Slave Surgery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:08 pm

To me, being a slave's protector isn't about protecting a slave from being a slave, but rather being someone who is trusted enough by a fellow free person to able to properly look after their pet. There're only a few people I would trust my dog with, for example. For those trusted, I would expect them to look after my dog when I'm not there. If my dog tears up their carpet, I would expect them to spank it. If my dog escapes from them, I would expect them to get it back. If someone stole my dog from them, I would expect them to call the police. But the dog is still treated like a dog, because it is a dog! Likewise, the slave I protect is still treated like a slave. My dog doesn't suddenly become the master of the house, have pizza and beers and watch TV, while the protectors and owners pee outside in the garden. You follow? scratch Likewise, my slave isn't a princess, and my slave's player knows this well. That said, if I didn't like the player, I'd have never had her playing my slave. I hope that makes sense and is clear. Wink

As for the issue on what someone will do to my slave if she refuses to serve them, I fully expect them to punish her for it. In this case, she is not to serve one particular person. A person who, I have been told IC, didn't punish a slave personally before. To catch a mouse, you put down cheese. See where I'm going with this? Twisted Evil And yes, I'm well aware that a mousetrap can't target a specific mouse in a mouse infestation. But you can't make an omelet without braking a few eggs. Laughing If I need to go through this in intimate detail, I will. But I'd rather see it played out IC, where the whole thing was meant to stay. And I'd also have preferred the second-guessing to have been done there as well, because I'm fast running out of analogies. Smile

Last edited by Byron on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gah! Spelling!)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zerogee/stats/HL2:EP2
Markos
Forum Admin
Markos

Number of posts : 111
Homestone : Laura
Role : Administrator
SL Name : Markos Binder
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Slave Surgery   Slave Surgery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:59 pm

pfft, analogy slacker
Back to top Go down
https://cityoflaura.forumotion.net
Byron
Apprentice Scribbler
Byron

Number of posts : 46
Homestone : None
Role : Black Caste
SL Name : Byon Greenwood
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Slave Surgery   Slave Surgery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:57 pm

Markos wrote:
pfft, analogy slacker
I'm an assassin, not a scribe! Took me hours to come up with that lot! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zerogee/stats/HL2:EP2
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Number of posts : 190
Homestone : Laura and the Meadowlands
Role : Proud Red Caste Captain
SL Name : Gavin Kleinfeld
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Slave Surgery   Slave Surgery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Byron wrote:
To me, being a slave's protector isn't about protecting a slave from being a slave, but rather being someone who is trusted enough by a fellow free person to able to properly look after their pet. There're only a few people I would trust my dog with, for example. For those trusted, I would expect them to look after my dog when I'm not there. If my dog tears up their carpet, I would expect them to spank it. If my dog escapes from them, I would expect them to get it back. If someone stole my dog from them, I would expect them to call the police. But the dog is still treated like a dog, because it is a dog! Likewise, the slave I protect is still treated like a slave. My dog doesn't suddenly become the master of the house, have pizza and beers and watch TV, while the protectors and owners pee outside in the garden. You follow? scratch Likewise, my slave isn't a princess, and my slave's player knows this well. That said, if I didn't like the player, I'd have never had her playing my slave. I hope that makes sense and is clear. Wink

As for the issue on what someone will do to my slave if she refuses to serve them, I fully expect them to punish her for it. In this case, she is not to serve one particular person. A person who, I have been told IC, didn't punish a slave personally before. To catch a mouse, you put down cheese. See where I'm going with this? Twisted Evil And yes, I'm well aware that a mousetrap can't target a specific mouse in a mouse infestation. But you can't make an omelet without braking a few eggs. Laughing If I need to go through this in intimate detail, I will. But I'd rather see it played out IC, where the whole thing was meant to stay. And I'd also have preferred the second-guessing to have been done there as well, because I'm fast running out of analogies. Smile

So you are waiting to see if a man will punish your slave for not serving them? Hell I'll do it .. let me at her.

geek
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Number of posts : 250
Homestone : City of Laura
Role : Nobody
SL Name : Elovar Baxton
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Slave Surgery   Slave Surgery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:55 am

Forum boards are much better suited to working out involved, complex issues then open here and now chat. They give one a chance to think about what to say and how best to say it often without the heat of the moment shifting the thoughts. Doesn't always work out though, I have seen to true waste of time "Flame Wars" all but bring down a board.

The only real stop in place is the quality of the persons posting to the board and the true desire to work out what ever went wrong. I see quality here so far and I hope to continue to see the same high standard of conduct for a good long time to come.

Kudo's to ya Laura!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slave Surgery   Slave Surgery - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slave Surgery
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Laura :: Castes and Roles :: Physicians-
Jump to: