City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book Quotes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Number of posts : 72
SL Name : Linnet Foggarty
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Book Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Book Quotes   Book Quotes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Many of us have book quotes in our profiles, I thought it might be fun to put them here too.

What are some of your favourite quotes, ones that you identify with or relate to, ones that helped you define and develop your character.
Back to top Go down
Ice Bradley
Apprentice Scribbler

Number of posts : 27
SL Name : Ice Bradley
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Book Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Quotes   Book Quotes I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:43 am

Its not a quote from one of the books, but from one of the old school goreans whose profile text i stole.

"Never try and master another, before you master yourself"
Back to top Go down
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Number of posts : 72
SL Name : Linnet Foggarty
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Book Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Quotes   Book Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:22 am

Well for the first couple of months I used these to guide my roleplay.

"Her story," I said, "is similar to those of many others. Abduction, transportation to Gor, slavery. She knows nothing. She scarcely understands, now, the meaning of her collar."
Tribesmen of Gor

"You are afraid, aren’t you, slut?" he asked.
"Yes," I said.
"Good," he said. "That is as it should be. And you have every right to be afraid, I assure you, even, indeed, far more afraid than you can even begin to understand now."
Dancer of Gor

I could understand him. To be sure, my grasp of this language still left much to be desired. There were still many words, even common words, I did not know, and sometimes I could not follow even elementary constructions. I think, however, all things considered, that it could not be gainsaid that my progress in it had been remarkable. I was the quickest of my Earth sisters in this respect.
Dancer of Gor

However, due the the magic of SL and bending of the space time continuum, my character has evolved some signicant new traits and characteristics over this last week or 10 days. I need to find new quotes now.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Forum Neonate
Alice

Number of posts : 24
Role : panther girl
SL Name : Alice McConnell
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Book Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Quotes   Book Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:30 pm

A few I have always liked (and they all deal with men rather than women, for some reason):

Let those who can climb mountains climb them; let those who cannot climb them console themselves with denying their existence.
Rogue of Gor

It is hard for a man to be great who does not have great enemies.
Magicians of Gor

When Goreans get the idea that honour is involved, they sudden become quite difficult to deal with.
Magicians of Gor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Book Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Quotes   Book Quotes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Quotes
Page 1 of 1