City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flirting with a collar?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anya Halderman
Refined Wordsmith
Anya Halderman

Number of posts : 59
Homestone : Laura!
Role : Free Woman
SL Name : Anya Halderman
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Flirting with a collar? Empty
PostSubject: Flirting with a collar?   Flirting with a collar? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:51 am

Floren posted this quote in the Scribes forum. I happen to like it a lot too, although I'd be loathe to base a Free Woman character on this one.

"The Goreans claim that in each woman there is a free companion, proud and beautiful, worthy and noble, and in each, too, a slave girl. The companion seeks for her companion; the slave girl for her master. It is further said, that on the couch, the Gorean girl, whether slave or free, who has had the experience, who has tried all loves, begs for a master.

She wishes to belong completely to a man, withholding nothing, permitted to withhold nothing. And, of course, of all women, only a slave girl can truly belong to a man, only a slave girl can be truly his, in all ways, utterly, totally, completely, his, selflessly, at his mercy, his ecstatic slave, helpless and joyous in the total submission which she is given no choice but to yield."

~ Page 102 Hunters of Gor

IMHO a Free Woman who is obviously desperate to be mastered is as irritating as a Panther who obviously wishes to be captured. This might be a hard line to take, but I find myself wishing that they would just go ahead and submit, avoid the farcical RP and save everyone the trouble. That quote, about Gorean women and the duality they face in their nature, is I agree, a lovely quote. But all too often, I find FW in Gor use it as an excuse to - as I said in the FW thread - act like a kajira in a dress, blatantly courting a collar until finally they're taken.

The worst part is, most Free Men are often too hesitant to force collar a FW, no matter how badly she might deserve it. There's the drama of the trial before a Magistrate, and a possible punishment if it's found he collared her without cause. So the woman is left to run around defying propriety while never achieving her goal. At the same time she gives Free Women who value their freedom a rather poor name.

Here is another quote:

"Goreans, in their simplistic fashion, often contend, categorically, that man is naturally free and woman is naturally slave. But even for them the issues are more complex than these simple formulations would suggest" ~Page 311 Hunters of Gor

Otherwise, we'd all just be Kajirae.

The average Free Woman didn't swan about trying to get themselves force collared.......
Back to top Go down
Aisha
Refined Wordsmith
Aisha

Number of posts : 78
Homestone : Laura
Role : Free woman
SL Name : Aisha Paule
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Flirting with a collar?   Flirting with a collar? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:49 am

The quote isn't the one I used to build my character on, it would be to easy I guess. My signature is, the one that made Floren who she is. Yes, she struggles ... who doesn't want to be with someone at night to tell your adventures to. She does want a partner to share that with, but not at all costs as her freedom is her highest value.

This one below is what is the real belief of Floren:

Take not from me my spirit.
It is my deepest beauty.
Take not from me my will.
Without it, I see no reason to live.

Instead...stand with me.
Help me learn.
Watch me grow.
Perhaps one day even call me friend,
And care for me in who I am.

Take not from me my freedom.
For without it...I am nothing.

Yesterday Floren was kidnapped and the man asked her why she wouldn't be a good slave. I had only one reply, without my freedom I would be nothing not even care for my life. It was true, I knew that it would be a life or death matter. Thank the PK he had no joy in that, so he left me behind.

Being a woman isn't all about finding a man or love, it is also about being someone that matters to the community. Floren is someone that really wants to learn and grow in her knowledge.

** Floren **
Back to top Go down
Aria
Devotee of the Quills
Aria

Number of posts : 128
Homestone : Simple, wild, lovely Laura
Role : Stealth Physician
SL Name : Aria Eldridge
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Flirting with a collar?   Flirting with a collar? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Quote :
IMHO a Free Woman who is obviously desperate to be mastered is as irritating as a Panther who obviously wishes to be captured. This might be a hard line to take, but I find myself wishing that they would just go ahead and submit, avoid the farcical RP and save everyone the trouble.

100% agreed, and I've said as much to those women, face-to-face, IC. (This doesn't usually win me friends, haha!!)

I think one of the most difficult aspects of being a Free Woman is wishing to be possessed completely and yet denying yourself the fulfillment of this desire for the greater good of your Home Stone. We have to remember that the source of FW pride is knowing that we are the backbones of our communities - we are the companions, the mothers, the teachers, the nurturers, and the Caste laborers (whether that is the baker, the butcher, the weaver, the accountant, the physician, the lawyer, the librarian, the brewer, etc...) supporting the internal structure of our independent city-states and our entire way of life. We are Gorean society.

But we are only permitted to retain this place of honor because we personify the ideals of the men we serve. In a way.... because we are able to repress our base sexuality, because we can be trusted to conduct ourselves with grace, integrity, and intelligence despite our fundamental physiological needs, we are permitted to walk freely and to choose for ourselves. That is an awe-inspiring privilege we have been extended, and it is a strong woman who can rise above herself, who can place the good of the Home Stone above her own needs and desires, who can live up to the lofty expectations and ideals of the Gorean Free Man. We have to prove ourselves worthy of this privilege every day, every time we step outside our homes. The price of failure? Our freedom.

Personally, I am honored that I am permitted to serve my Home Stone in this way, and I am offended by women who do not do justice to the obligations of our role. It is an insult for me to see a Free Woman snub her nose at men by flaunting her irreverence for their rules. It is an insult to all the women who work hard and sacrifice for privileges she takes for granted or eventually throws away.

I am too proud of what I am, and what I do for my community, to risk it all by foolishly flirting with a collar. OTOH, I am not afraid to take advantage of the privileges of freedom. I live up to my end of the bargain, and I expect Free Men to live up to theirs, by protecting the rights they have given me as a Free Woman. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flirting with a collar?   Flirting with a collar? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flirting with a collar?
Page 1 of 1