City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why a Free Woman?

Go down 
+3
Aria
gavinK
Anya Halderman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anya Halderman
Refined Wordsmith
Anya Halderman

Number of posts : 59
Homestone : Laura!
Role : Free Woman
SL Name : Anya Halderman
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Why a Free Woman?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Just curious... But for those of you in Laura current roleplaying a Gorean Free Woman.....

Why not a Panther, or a Kajira?

What is it about you... or the character of a FW, that saw you choose this role? Question
Back to top Go down
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Number of posts : 190
Homestone : Laura and the Meadowlands
Role : Proud Red Caste Captain
SL Name : Gavin Kleinfeld

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Free Woman?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Anya Halderman wrote:
Just curious... But for those of you in Laura current roleplaying a Gorean Free Woman.....

Why not a Panther, or a Kajira?

What is it about you... or the character of a FW, that saw you choose this role? Question

*waits to hear your answer to that first* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anya Halderman
Refined Wordsmith
Anya Halderman

Number of posts : 59
Homestone : Laura!
Role : Free Woman
SL Name : Anya Halderman

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Free Woman?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:17 am

Fair enough. I'll go first.

Many reasons. Probably first and foremost, because it's a challenge. I feel that the true role of a Free Woman is multi-faceted and difficult. There are so many different ways she could be played, with individual subtleties some people miss, but shine through the whole character, overall. Free Woman are rather repressed and conflicted when it comes to many things. They KNOW their freedom could be revoked at any time, so it's a series of vulnerable, intricate lines they walk. Balance is key.

It's tricky to roleplay someone who has a very strict set of guidelines and protocols to follow, while yearning, perhaps for something more. I don't think you can roleplay a three dimensional character, without inner conflict.

A Free Woman might choose to roleplay her character straight down the line as a hard-nosed, confrontational... "you're not going to tell me what do you, I'm Free!" sort of way. Alternatively, you have those women who decide that being a Free Woman just means wearing a dress until you find the right man to submit to, and overwhelmingly give in to their desire to be owned.

Personally, I like to try for the Free Woman who is proud.. useful... claims the respect which is her due at the behest of men, yet knows her place. Anya won't EVER court a collar openly with inappropriate emotional displays or removing her veils/clothing. She won't EVER raise a hand to a man, although she might show him the sharp side of her tongue if he oversteps. She knows full well that her freedom is granted by men and can be revoked if she forgets or abuses it.

I won't roleplay a Panther, because really, it just doesn't interest me. I've never seen it done overly well, and very little appeals about being strung up naked and made to submit after firing off a few arrows.

As for a kajira.. here are some reasons why it's not for me....

- Being able to walk away when the roleplay is putting me to sleep
- Not having to be nice to people IC who irritate the crap out of me with their roleplay (This includes furring!)
- I see far too many girls sent away from the Free to serve, simply because those Free don't know how to roleplay with slaves creatively.
- If I was called "little one" I'd be whipped within an inch of my life for dumping paga on the offender's head
- I have never.. EVER... met anyone I thought would be able to Master me. Razz

Make of all that, what you will. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aria
Devotee of the Quills
Aria

Number of posts : 128
Homestone : Simple, wild, lovely Laura
Role : Stealth Physician
SL Name : Aria Eldridge
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Free Woman?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:47 am

Why a Free Woman?

Because I doubt I will ever meet anyone who is so breathtakingly masterful that their needs become more important to me than my own selfish desires.

Because I'm far more interested in Caste work than I am in serving.

Because I enjoy the sort of witty banter that'd get me hamstrung and tossed to the river thalarion if I were a kajira.

Because the role is rich and complex and fascinating and allows me to be sweet or harsh or soft or hard or cold or vulnerable as the mood strikes.

And, like Anya, because I have more say over my roleplay as a Free Woman. Wink

...I didn't initially create a panther character because I came to Gor to be surrounded by dominant men. And as I consider it my goal to be as BTB as possible, I wouldn't play a cap-fur-release panthergirl... I would avoid cities, avoid men, as much as possible.

But having learned what I have learned about this world, I believe that the role of panther does offer in-depth, character-creating roleplay that could coexist with my OOC restrictions. And Aria could be pushed to abandon her world for the forests... it'd have to be a pretty big issue, but it could happen.
Back to top Go down
muse
Devotee of the Quills
muse

Number of posts : 193
Homestone : wherever my Master is
Role : kajira
SL Name : Muse Rhiadra
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Free Woman?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:23 pm

I am finding this most interesting as someone new to Gor, who chose the role of kajira thinking the FW role sounded boring. Obviously misinformed. . . . thinks... could it be I was misinformed and tricked into this collar... runs finger along the heavy steel of it.. . smiles. . . no, this particular collar fits well.
Back to top Go down
http://muse-kajira.blogspot.com
Aisha
Refined Wordsmith
Aisha

Number of posts : 78
Homestone : Laura
Role : Free woman
SL Name : Aisha Paule
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Free Woman?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 am

Why a freewoman ...

In the beginning I believed that being a slave would be the most difficult role to play for a female. Now I am not that certain anymore. A Freewoman is hard as she needs to hold her female side, but without all the tools she has as a slave. She must have it with for example wise words, the way she conducts herself around men with grace and respect and her sense of humor.

The main reason for me was to do something usefull with the hours I spend in studying Gor. I wish for Floren to be commited to the City, make her someone that is respected for her ways and knowledge. Let her be strong but still the woman she is.

Being in Gor means that there is this fantasy world where man rule over woman. That is the world we all are playing our roles in, nothing more and nothing less. Therefor it would be almost silly to think that I as a woman ever would be equaly to a man. Still finding a way to be respected and not in positions that are questionable.

Never the less ... it is a challange every day again.
Back to top Go down
Lady Elise
Apprentice Scribbler
Lady Elise

Number of posts : 40
Role : Physician Apprentice
SL Name : Elise Gateaux
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Why am I me?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:50 pm

I have considered many times why I chose to play a Free Woman over the role of kajira or panther...

Panther was never a consideration... the thought of constantly running just made me... well... tired.

And I'll be honest - I did a bit of research before coming to my Free Women status over that of a kajira.

I have found that Free Women have something special and unique to offer. First, there's far too few of us in Second Life Gor. We're witty and charming, daring and alluring. All while maintaining this aloof mystery that is beyond the scope of discovery. We're restrained, sometimes stronger than steel, if you get my meaning. I've seen so many kajirae that lack discipline... We as Free Women are disciplined well, because we tred on thin ice at times... between the role of standing and kneeling.

Being a Free Woman is more challenging because we're allowed a voice. Kajirae do the will of the Free, and while they may have different personality traits that make them unique properties... they are just that: property.

Besides all that... I really like gowns. *laughs*
Back to top Go down
Sage
Laura High Council
Sage

Number of posts : 156
Role : Ridiculously Haughty FW
SL Name : AcaciaSage Fairymeadow

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Free Woman?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:57 am

Lady Elise wrote:

Being a Free Woman is more challenging because we're allowed a voice. Kajirae do the will of the Free, and while they may have different personality traits that make them unique properties... they are just that: property.

Besides all that... I really like gowns. *laughs*

More and more I find how much I like you, other than your name that is <grrrr> Wink

This is very well said, and I couldn't agree more. I find the FW so much harder to play than slave, and a million times more interesting for this very reason, we have a voice but we have to tread very carefully or we find that voice and our freedom taken away.

As for clothing, I love gowns as much as I do silks... so that's wasn't much of a deciding factor Wink Although, now that I'm covering up completely, I miss my hair LOL
Back to top Go down
http://hdmenterprises.com
Lady Elise
Apprentice Scribbler
Lady Elise

Number of posts : 40
Role : Physician Apprentice
SL Name : Elise Gateaux
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: After consideration...   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:52 am

I've been doing some thinking on the question, and it comes down to this.

Who would I be if Gor was Earth? I would be a Free Woman... recognizing the Man-governed world around her, but revelling in the freedom she's allowed under that system. I would demonstrate daily that my value as a Free Woman would far exceed any possible benefits that a collar would bestow. I have an independent streak that would be hard to quench... not impossible, I'm sure, but difficult. While independent, I'm not so much so that I hate the Man-ruled society in preference of the safety of the woods, either.

Okay... I'm done... I think...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why a Free Woman? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a Free Woman?   Why a Free Woman? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why a Free Woman?
Page 1 of 1