City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your City-wide RP Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aura Eilde
Forum Neonate
Aura Eilde

Number of posts : 6
Homestone : Laura
Role : Apprentice Physician
SL Name : Aura Eilde
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Your City-wide RP Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Your City-wide RP Ideas   Your City-wide RP Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:56 pm

As discussed in the RP Team meeting 8/29/2009, please post your city-wide story arc/RP event ideas here. Or, if you would feel more comfortable contacting me privately to share your thoughts, you may at: Aura DOT Eilde AT gmail DOT com.

Please note that this is a thread for brainstorming, therefore, no idea is wrong. If you would like to critique ideas, I invite you to do so at the next RP Team meeting. All results will be tallied and presented at that time.

Best Regards,
Aura
Back to top Go down
Charz
Forum Neonate

Number of posts : 5
Role : Magistrate
SL Name : Charz Foxclaw
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: An idea for an event.   Your City-wide RP Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:09 pm

Well I am an emergency management student and one thing that seems to plague cities especially port ones is flooding and run off. Why not have that? It would be a bit of a fun and humorous rp too as generally the first thing to run off would be the sewage.

It would also give any of the build team an excuse to change things around if they wanted to.

Another idea would be a merchant's bazaar. Now that we are working on a system of currency that would be a great way to show it off. Have a few little freebie objects (nothing major just badges or neat things) that we could "buy" using the new found currency, or buy for our slaves if they make enough noise about it.

One last idea I had would be to have a good ol outlaw attack or two. I know some outlaws that would be more than happy to btb attack us.
Back to top Go down
Emuna
Apprentice Scribbler
Emuna

Number of posts : 27
Role : Jewel of the Merchant
SL Name : Emuna Zamani
Registration date : 2009-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Your City-wide RP Ideas   Your City-wide RP Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:36 pm

Just to add on to what Aura has posted which I should have made clear in the meeting but many were not present so I just let it go at ideas being thought up and presented. We have some things going on that deserve our attention first.

- Markos has a group that is researching the economy.
- O has been putting a great deal of work into auctioning.
- We need to give Dear a chance to let us know how her quest project is going.
- Alex and Minx are working on some great things for slaves.

Thinking of ideas are great and wanted but I don't want use to pile too much on our plates and then nothing gets the attention it deserves. So please post as much as you want but we have to space things out so that there is a continuous flow of events or we at least get the things that came first in place and give those people our support that have taken on those tasks.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://emunazamani.wordpress.com/
Charz
Forum Neonate

Number of posts : 5
Role : Magistrate
SL Name : Charz Foxclaw
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Your City-wide RP Ideas   Your City-wide RP Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 am

ahh for the bazzar i was thinking of non slaves for sell lol.
Back to top Go down
Dear
Forum Neonate
Dear

Number of posts : 9
Role : Free Woman
SL Name : Dear Darling
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Your City-wide RP Ideas   Your City-wide RP Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 pm

The Laura Quest is finished, and has been. I'll post about it in another so I don't derail this one.

As for events, I had given a notecard of ideas to Markos quite awhile ago, some IC and some OOC (I'll post the OOC ideas separately). I'll post the list here:

Auction - Two girls will be auctioned off. Those who came to Laura for the auction will be given prim coins based on their caste. They may then "negotiate" with others, selling items, or favors to collect more coin before the auction. The fun is not just in the auctioning of the girls, but the rush to gather more coin.

Cup and pebble: The books describe this game. Someone plays the house (I can do this on an alt). The house slides the cups around, and customers bet on which cup the pebble will be under. If the customer guessed correctly, he/she wins. The cups can be scripted to randomly choose which cup the pebble is under.

Bones tournament - The books also describe this game, though I need to reread about it in order to understand it completely. Again, the objects could be scripted to provide a winner.

Meat toss tournament - This game is also described in the books. Meat is tossed between two or more slaves, and they fight for it. The winner goes on to the next round. Rp dice can be used to determine the winner.

Environmental aspects -
[2009/07/09 19:39] Dear Darling: what if we had a weather forecast in Laura every day, so that we could incorporate that into our roleplay, and everyone would be on the same page?
[2009/07/09 19:41] Dear Darling: I was just thinking that I wish I could rp that it was raining
[2009/07/09 19:44] Dear Darling: but we could send out a group notice "today with be sunny with a temp of..." that sort of thing
*We could even pick a rl city's weather to emulate

-- I just wanted to point out that the games aren't just for fun. They would allow for gambling, which could also further individual roleplayers' storylines.

These are all of my ideas so far. I'm sure I'll have more. Also, I used to plan events for Port Kar, and event planning/publicity are a part of my rl job. Plus, when I am able to get back online, I will need to stay really busy. So feel free to work me.
Back to top Go down
http://recklesskajira.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your City-wide RP Ideas   Your City-wide RP Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your City-wide RP Ideas
Page 1 of 1