City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

City of Dust

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aisha
Refined Wordsmith
Aisha

Number of posts : 78
Homestone : Laura
Role : Free woman
SL Name : Aisha Paule
Registration date : 2008-09-01

City of Dust Empty
PostSubject: City of Dust   City of Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 am

Today I was killed pale

Before I started my life I always stated that when I would be killed I would just end the account, because I couldn't imagine to just get up after 24 hours.

Now I am dead ... and although at first the resorection button seemed to be very appealing I am gonna stay dead, meaning Florenence Exonar, the lady that came from Port Kar and accepted the position of 2e Magistrate.

Still it leaves me with an account stashed with beautiful robes, many gadgets and a house that I rented. My question is ... what now ?

1. I can create within this account an new character (woman, with different caste ... starting over)
2. I can create within this account an new character (woman, with same caste and same position)

Maybe some of you have other options I could concider ... but just jumping up and say "Tal Free, here am I again" is out of the question ... scratch

Floren
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Number of posts : 250
Homestone : City of Laura
Role : Nobody
SL Name : Elovar Baxton
Registration date : 2008-07-29

City of Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Dust   City of Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:15 pm

Tough choices all and totally up to how you want to play it out.

The hardest part of trying to make a new character out of your current one is the name; you can change everything about you except that so anyone who ever knew you as you are will carry over something of that to the new version of you. Very difficult when being around people you have known for some time because they already have a knowledge of you that a freshly met person would not and likewise, to not allow your new character to act on something that they knew of someone before is also very hard to do.

Your inventory will be a killer to have to deal with if you make a new avatar. I have two avatars and have spent a small fortune on replacement clothing, animations and gear to give them both all of the non-transfer stuff that I want each to have. Even with that I find my self now having to dig through both inventories when I want something that I know one of them has but not where it was when last used.

I would not trade having the two avatars to go back to just the one now though. Each has allowed me to explore and be in new light that what a single one could not allow.

If keeping things simple is foremost, then just allow those pesky Priest Kings to bring you back to life because your service to them is not yet complete and carry on from there; perhaps give some thought to the void that you will leave in Laura with your sudden death too.

On the other hand, if you are ready to branch into something new and have the bux laying around to pull it off, by all means go for it!!
Back to top Go down
Aria
Devotee of the Quills
Aria

Number of posts : 128
Homestone : Simple, wild, lovely Laura
Role : Stealth Physician
SL Name : Aria Eldridge
Registration date : 2008-07-30

City of Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Dust   City of Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Florenence, both are tough choices. Elovar was pretty eloquent about the options so I'll just tell ya how I'd play it. Smile

I'm the same as you - just can't imagine jumping up after being killed with a cheerful "Tal, Free!" just because it's been three days (or whatever). But I've also spent a small fortune on this account. But I understand people have a hard time accepting you're a new "character" when you're playing the same account. But.... well, you see this goes back and forth.

Me, I'd keep my main account, but set it aside for a time. Start up or switch to an alt account and play that as my main - until that one was killed. Then switch back to this one, because by that time enough time has passed that people may be able to disassociate, a little. And go between the two accounts in that way, so you have some disassociation between the character that was killed, but don't have to throw away everything you've bought.

Also, as I see you were beheaded, thank you for not rushing up to the infirmary and demanding to be healed!! <laughs>
Back to top Go down
Sage
Laura High Council
Sage

Number of posts : 156
Homestone : Laura
Role : Ridiculously Haughty FW
SL Name : AcaciaSage Fairymeadow
Registration date : 2008-07-28

City of Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Dust   City of Dust I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Floren,
I've not been around the last couple days much, what happened?
Back to top Go down
http://hdmenterprises.com
SsaniAnsaldo
Refined Wordsmith

Number of posts : 67
SL Name : Ssani Ansaldo
Registration date : 2008-07-28

City of Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Dust   City of Dust I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:51 pm

I would come back as the headless horseman. Oh sorry, wrong story.

But seriously...

I hope I am not the next one to post on this thread. I have been informed there is a price on my head at the moment. I think I may have finally pissed off the wrong person. If this happens, please feed my high tharlarion the body and bury my head in the forest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

City of Dust Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Dust   City of Dust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City of Dust
Page 1 of 1