City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Through His Eyes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Emuna
Apprentice Scribbler
Emuna

Number of posts : 27
Homestone : Laura
Role : Jewel of the Merchant
SL Name : Emuna Zamani
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Through His Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Through His Eyes   Through His Eyes I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Emuna was born on Gor. It is easy for me to apply all that I have read into her because she would know this being a native gorean and not a transplant. I could see someone that is role-playing as a barbarian acting as if they did not know certain things to bring that 'new' feel to their character although they have the knowledge of Gor.

I mentioned the above due to thinking that Emuna the gorean and myself, the person behind the avatar may never be able to see Gor as men do. From the way they look at free women, slaves or themselves. I read the last book a few months ago and still I am enlightened when I speak to a man that role-plays in Gor although I read the same books he did.

I was just wondering if any other women feel that being female; some submissive, if our gender plays a big part in how we interpret the books?
Back to top Go down
http://emunazamani.wordpress.com/
Alexandrea Arabello
Apprentice Scribbler
Alexandrea Arabello

Number of posts : 29
Homestone : Laura
Role : Wandering Soothsayer
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Through His Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Through His Eyes   Through His Eyes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:13 am

Hmmm good question. I am not sure. I mean I know we take something different from the books not only as genders but individuals too. When I read them, it's more for understanding and dynamics of the people within Norman's world we call Gor. I get from it Gorean philosophy. All women have a submissive part of them, in my opinion. Just that some have more dominance than submissiveness. I can only imagine what men get from the books. Honor, how to own, train, form, teach, and discipline a s slave girl. How to live, thrive, rejoice.

To me it's like opening a full refrigerator and one person going oooh "Juice" and the next saying. "Milk!" There's so much in there for you to take according to your preference.
Back to top Go down
safi
Forum Neonate

Number of posts : 8
Role : Exotic Born Kajira
SL Name : Kayla Mayfair
Registration date : 2009-08-29

Through His Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Through His Eyes   Through His Eyes I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 am

Emuna wrote:

I was just wondering if any other women feel that being female; some submissive, if our gender plays a big part in how we interpret the books?

I would imagine it has something to do with it... as with anything else that makes us who we are.

Norman has truly crafted a complete world in his books, providing so much detail that we just can't absorb it all at once. I think, naturally, we can't help but have certain things jump out at us.

For example, having majored in Psych, I'm all about figuring out the minds and behaviors of the characters. Someone else, who might be more of a romantic than I am, might pay closer to attention to the emotions described, the relationships, etc. I think there are things about our personalities and interests that are going to effect the way we interpret the books. So yes, I completely agree that our genders have something to do with it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Through His Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Through His Eyes   Through His Eyes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Through His Eyes
Page 1 of 1