City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lost My Groove

Go down 
+2
Alexandrea Arabello
Linnet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Number of posts : 72
SL Name : Linnet Foggarty
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Lost My Groove Empty
PostSubject: Lost My Groove   Lost My Groove I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Lost: Linnet's Groove
Description: an eagerness for roleplay and new experiences, an excitement about new people and things

Many of you long timers know that I spent 6+ hours every day (except two) in Laura for months and months. Then about two weeks ago something started to change. I was working late a lot in RL and often too tired to log in, or I did log in but was too tired to RP so I went off Gor (GASP!). I even took several days off completely Shocked

Well now I'm back but... well I lost my groove or something. I feel wierd and awkward and displaced in Laura. I am super excited about all the new citizens but it's like "Whoa... who dat in my yard" kinda feeling. I'm really thrilled that we have new neighbours and can't wait for that roleplay possibilities but seeing the changes made me blink, hard, a few times.

I know I'll get through this, Laura has had many changes and many citizens come and go over my time there (it was my 6 months anniversary in Laura yesterday) and each one I adapted to quickly. I'm certain it's not all the changes and improvements, it's because I've been away that I now feel wierd coming back.

Anyway - I am back - but I might have an emosad for a few days until I find my groove ok? Hugs might help so I'm taking donations of hugs.

PS - Others who have left Laura and come back - did it take you a few days to get settled in again?
Back to top Go down
Alexandrea Arabello
Apprentice Scribbler
Alexandrea Arabello

Number of posts : 29
Homestone : Laura
Role : Wandering Soothsayer
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Lost My Groove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost My Groove   Lost My Groove I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Yaaay I get first hugs. Muahahaha
Back to top Go down
Dren Bernard
Apprentice Scribbler
Dren Bernard

Number of posts : 38
Homestone : Laura
Role : Head Physician
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Lost My Groove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost My Groove   Lost My Groove I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Yep Lin

I took the Easter break off away from broadband access, 5 days in total, sure hard to get back in as I realise that as much as SL gives, it also takes; time and energy.

Not until you are forced out of your daily SL Gor routine for a few days, do you realise the impact, both fantastic and taxing.

on another note.....Maybe we should have a special 6 months camisk? what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Number of posts : 149
Homestone : Tancred's Landing
Role : Merchant
SL Name : Arthor Landar
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Lost My Groove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost My Groove   Lost My Groove I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:20 am

Dren Bernard wrote:
on another note.....Maybe we should have a special 6 months camisk? what do you think?

/me thinks back, does some arithmatic with dates and comes to the conclusion that he spent some 9 months in Laura (including a 2 week break), then he looks in his inventory over and over again and then sighs deeply... nope, definately no 6 months camisk in there Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Number of posts : 72
SL Name : Linnet Foggarty
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Lost My Groove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost My Groove   Lost My Groove I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:47 pm

ooooo presents?
cyclops

Actually I did go get myself a pretty new camisk with a gift card from Fantasia. It wasn't really a 6 month Gor-iversary gift but I'll just pretend to myself it was because that sounds like a great idea!

Arthor and Dren - If you DO put on camisks please please let me know so I can get pictures, I don't care if I have to log in at 3 am.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Number of posts : 250
Homestone : City of Laura
Role : Nobody
SL Name : Elovar Baxton
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Lost My Groove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost My Groove   Lost My Groove I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Time flies in SL Gor at a far greater rate then RL. I am in an out of Laura with both characters a lot and you already have the answer, *time*. Get out there in the square and RP, get caught up on the happenings, make an effort to meet the new people (always a hard one when you are looking to pick up your own story) and in fairly short order you will be back in the flow again.

Too, the more times that you do this the better you get at it though those close personal relationships you build with people still take time to feel right again. It also helps if the people you already know do something as simple as say hello to you in passing and is even better if they have a minute or two to RP with you, really goes a long way to making you feel like you have come *Home* again.
Back to top Go down
Anya Halderman
Refined Wordsmith
Anya Halderman

Number of posts : 59
Homestone : Laura!
Role : Free Woman
SL Name : Anya Halderman
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Lost My Groove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost My Groove   Lost My Groove I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Linnet wrote:

PS - Others who have left Laura and come back - did it take you a few days to get settled in again?

Yes, absolutely. RL drags me away from Laura at loooooong stretches at a time.

OOCily, I'm quite shy and often I don't have the confidence to insert myself into a role play scene with people I don't know. (And often people I do!) So every single time I've come back, poor old Anya has had displacement issues.

The *wonderful* Gavin is always my rock, holding my hand in IMs and giving me pep talks. In addition, the two people who have helped me the most this time around, have been Alex and Matteo. Aside from being extraordinary roleplayers, they're also very generous with their time and seem to genuinely enjoy their interactions with others.

If you're in the city when they are, I would highly recommend finding an excuse to visit the Inn. Smile

Failing that, I know we have some hours in common, Linn. I'd love to roleplay with you. I'm sure we can dream up something interesting... . *shifty eyes*

At any rate, welcome home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost My Groove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost My Groove   Lost My Groove I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost My Groove
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Laura :: General :: Meadowlands Chat-
Jump to: