City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Heart of Laura

Go down 
+2
gavinK
Markos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Markos
Forum Admin
Markos

Number of posts : 111
Homestone : Laura
Role : Administrator
SL Name : Markos Binder
Registration date : 2008-07-17

The Heart of Laura Empty
PostSubject: The Heart of Laura   The Heart of Laura I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:36 pm

I want to take a moment to formally recognize someone who is, in many people's estimation, the living heart of the city.

Linnet Foggarty.

In the 5 or so months she has been in Laura, Linn has worked tirelessly and for the most part thanklessly on so many of the behind the scenes workings of the city it amazes me. She serves as our OOC hostess for dances, helps organize events, and serves as friend, confidant, and wise sister to half the population, both in character and out. This is all in ADDITION to being an amazing slave.

Lets hear it for Linn, winner of our Heart of Laura award.
Thank you Linn, for all your efforts. They are not unnoticed.
-Markos
Back to top Go down
https://cityoflaura.forumotion.net
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Number of posts : 190
Homestone : Laura and the Meadowlands
Role : Proud Red Caste Captain
SL Name : Gavin Kleinfeld
Registration date : 2008-07-28

The Heart of Laura Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heart of Laura   The Heart of Laura I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Agreed! Thanks for all you do Linn. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sage
Laura High Council
Sage

Number of posts : 156
Role : Ridiculously Haughty FW
SL Name : AcaciaSage Fairymeadow
Registration date : 2008-07-28

The Heart of Laura Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heart of Laura   The Heart of Laura I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Thank you for starting this Markos!

Linn is truly amazing. She's been there for the city in ways most people wouldn't bother, even when she probably didn't want to be. She's done more toward helping keep the town active and growing than any two people have.

Thank you Linn, for being an amazing resource for this city, and for being such a fantastic slave, and a true friend. We love you!
Back to top Go down
http://hdmenterprises.com
Dren Bernard
Apprentice Scribbler
Dren Bernard

Number of posts : 38
Role : Head Physician
Registration date : 2008-08-11

The Heart of Laura Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heart of Laura   The Heart of Laura I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:29 am

A dear dear friend of mine graciously pointed out my mistake in not adding my bit. Totally agree with all comments made above. Well deserved Linn!
Back to top Go down
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Number of posts : 72
SL Name : Linnet Foggarty
Registration date : 2009-01-07

The Heart of Laura Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heart of Laura   The Heart of Laura I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Thank you very much to those that wrote here and contacted me in world to say the same. I'm flattered and very touched that you feel this way, but there is nothing special about me.

Laura is not about any one person, or the build, it's about us as a whole. I've said before we're like a big family. A large, somewhat disfunctional, slightly incestuous, often hot blooded, but a family non the less. Like any family we have a wide variety of different and strong personalities, but when we all sit down for holiday meal none of that matters. Even if it erupts into a food fight, we can look around the table at the others and have this overwhelming feeling that everything is just as it should be, and all is right in the world. That's how I feel when I look out over the sim and see you all there, it just feels right.

I'm sure many, if not all, spend as much time as they can in Laura based on their own personal circumstances. Many step up to the plate with ideas. Most would step in to help when they see something that needs to be done. I just happen to have a lot of time to be in Laura and enjoy roleplaying and spending time with people. That's all, no big secret, no fancy skill.

I'm not making light of the compliments at all, I sincerely appreciate that people notice the things I try to do for Laura and it's citizens and I'm glad it makes a difference. I just wanted to clarify my belief that Laura may be about the people, but it's bigger than any one person. Each of us has a critical role to play and is highly valued and often missed when their RL or OOC takes them away from their home.
Back to top Go down
muse
Devotee of the Quills
muse

Number of posts : 193
Homestone : wherever my Master is
Role : kajira
SL Name : Muse Rhiadra
Registration date : 2008-08-01

The Heart of Laura Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heart of Laura   The Heart of Laura I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:16 pm

What a totally gracious response!
Back to top Go down
http://muse-kajira.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

The Heart of Laura Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heart of Laura   The Heart of Laura I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Heart of Laura
Page 1 of 1