City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silky Saturday

Go down 
+5
Elovar
Arthor
muse
Lady Jane
Markos
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Markos
Forum Admin
Markos

Number of posts : 111
Homestone : Laura
Role : Administrator
SL Name : Markos Binder
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Our own Linnet had a great idea for a regular event, that being "Silk Saturdays". This would be a regular thing, probably every other week. The idea is as follows:
Its all about the slaves. Masters and the city get their property dolled up in their finest silks. They bring them to the city, parade their good fortune, make others jealous, and generally enjoy themselves. During this event, there would be several goings on.
Slaves dancing in the tavern pit with a possible dance contest
City girls get to be seen and beg masters to buy them
A rotation of contests like storytelling, music, and so on for the girls
slave games
Prizes to be given out for the contests.
Auctions and beast beauty contests could be added later.

What I want to know is, can people make it to these, say 6-9pm on saturdays? Slaves, can we count on you to be in? The thing will be open to all goreans, but if we can't get our own people in, we have not much to show.

Also, any other suggestions would be great.
Thanks!
Admin Markos
Back to top Go down
https://cityoflaura.forumotion.net
Lady Jane
Forum Neonate
Lady Jane

Number of posts : 9
Role : Apprentice Scribe
SL Name : JamesI Ecksol
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:02 am

It's a wonderful idea, though as usual, it's not a good time for me, it means like 4-5 am, and I work on weekends. Can help organizing if needed but guess europeans will find it difficult to attend. Neutral
Back to top Go down
muse
Devotee of the Quills
muse

Number of posts : 193
Homestone : wherever my Master is
Role : kajira
SL Name : Muse Rhiadra
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:29 am

..... ooooooohhhhhh.... my alt is sooooooo excited about this idea. Her Master locked up all her silks in a trunk at his island stronghold before dragging her to the wilds of Laura. She misses her beautiful silks terribly, although her Master rather thinks it is doing wonders for the brats disposition to be kept in rags for awhile.

I bet she'll manage to sneak that trunk onto the inventory of the next ship travelling from El Elovar to Laura!

But seriously, could it be something like "casual Fridays"... anytime we are online on Saturdays? For me, Mondays and Thursdays are the only days I have any hope of a chunk of time online with my Master. Saturdays would be hit or miss due to both RL and SL commitments on those days.

Now that I've got over being excited for my alt.... muse pouts... a tear comes to her eye.... she owns not a single silk.
Back to top Go down
http://muse-kajira.blogspot.com
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Number of posts : 149
Homestone : Tancred's Landing
Role : Merchant
SL Name : Arthor Landar
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:11 am

to Jane : I agree with you, as most Euro-citizens will. The proposed time will work well for USA citizens, not for us Europeans. So, may be I'll drive to the south and help you out next weekend, may be you can have a free sunday afternoon then Wink

to Muse : Next time you are in the square, look for a litle parcel in the kitchen-area of the pavillion. It's got your name written on it and it will contain some nice blue silks (Hush, don't tell your master.. just surprize him. And if he gets upset about it ... blame me Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Number of posts : 250
Homestone : City of Laura
Role : Nobody
SL Name : Elovar Baxton

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:41 am

Interesting move Arthor.... When I find out about your challenge IC'ly, I will of course have to act to save face.
Back to top Go down
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Number of posts : 72
SL Name : Linnet Foggarty
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:50 pm

Not to sound poo poo of everyone's time conflicts, but I guess we (I) was hoping to have an event on what does tend to be Laura's most quiet night, which is Saturday for some reason. Friday hops, the weekdays are really good too, Saturday night... could be better.

Something "fun", a bit different, that pivots around slaves which are the bulk of our (and SL Gor's) population and something that is still IC.

However, as Markos said, if we can't count on having a good turn out from the Slaves of Laura then it might not be worth doing. We can't really open up an event to SL Gor saying "come see the best slaves in Gor RP'ing in Laura every Saturday night" and few show up LOL.
Back to top Go down
Markos
Forum Admin
Markos

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 pm

I know the timing is awful for the euro folks, it always is, and I apologize for that. Much as you can't be there during those times, I can't be there during yours. The one time we did a Euro time thing, we had 3 people show.

I am more than happy to schedule other times, if one of you fine folks wants to be there to supervise the event, answer questions, and act as hosts. Smile

Muse, Saturdays were chosen because the sim is always a ghost town on Saturdays. I am trying to find things to increase traffic in an across the board, average sort of way. I don't know what this "real life" thing is you speak of, but it seems to be taking up too much of your time. Wink

I am happy to do events, plan them, and anything else at other times, but I have to get people to help out, I can't be here all the time. If you have ideas, you want to do an event, whatever, let me know.
Back to top Go down
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Number of posts : 190
Homestone : Laura and the Meadowlands
Role : Proud Red Caste Captain
SL Name : Gavin Kleinfeld
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:10 pm

My Suggestion:

Do it every other Saturday, 6-9. But, also, do it once a month, additionally, on Sunday aftrenoon, before we have a citizen swearing in ceremony and warrior induction ceremony. I think these should be monthly as well and would be a cool "all day" thing once a month for Euros to take part in.

Thoughts? Daggers? Cream pie in my face?

jocolor
Back to top Go down
muse
Devotee of the Quills
muse

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:59 pm

muse wears what pleases her Master and has only one Master.....she would not want to live without him
Back to top Go down
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:04 am

So, when I read about a girl that is sad because she owns no silks at all and I post a reply about placing a package with silks somewhere in the pavillion, that is considered a challenge to her master?? Rolling Eyes

Come on Elovar, this is a forum, not some Gorean square or arena. Where did you hide your sense of humor ? Wait.... let me help you find it back with what is written hereafter :

The other day I overheard two slaves talking. One said "Do you smoke after your master has been furring you?" The other replied "Dunno, never noticed". Razz
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:35 am

Arthor, my sense of humor is right there in the gutter where it has always been and I by no means am opposed to someone gifting my kajira.... I would that those that desire to do so but check with me first so that conflict does not arise out of their good intentions though.

In this instance, I do not allow muse silks. We live in Laura and rarely travel outside of her, silks on kajira are frowned upon in Laura and it would but raise a point of contention between her and I that need not be.

To give her silks to wear would be to challenge my right to decide what my kajira will and will not wear; a point of contention between you and I now; one that also need not be.

I am sure that your intentions were good and that you did not mean it as a challenge to me, your words in your second post tell me as much so let us not make this an issue between us.

Perhaps you would better understand my thoughts if you knew that muse is my kajira both in and out of Gor.... The same applies for Fuzsea/kate. We are all the same persons and the M/s meme is 24/7x365. We slip in and out of IC/OOC chat but we are always M/s in all worlds. Not for everyone I know but it works really well for her and I.

Perhaps in light of the topic we are posting in I will allow her a set of silks because of the upcoming events but you again have to understand... I buy all the clothes for my girls and provide anything else that they might need. I choose what she will and will not wear. It is my right as her Master and I take a great deal of pride in her. She is my kajira, a love slave to her very core.

It is again just as possible that I will not... because it might be that the event will be attended by Fuzsea and his spoiled brat kajira kate, who has more silks then she knows what to do with... You see, kate has spent most of her time on the Free Holding island of El Elovar, in the Merchant House, House of Lime, living in a Palace that Fuzsea built surrounded by his trade ships and warehouses . Fuzsea is a well to do Trade Merchant and has much to offer his girls in the way of creature comforts because it pleases him to have it so. She has lived sitting on silken pillows with no shortage of anything she might need, an endless aggravation to her when we are in Laura and a source of much amusement to her Master, Fuzsea. You may note she usually has a rather red backside... I can assure you this from attitude adjustment and correction and not from activity in the furs.

We as the four of us (Elovar/muse-Fuzsea/kate) have a balance that works really well for us meeting both our RP and personal needs. It is not sealed off from the rest of the world(s) but I in both my avatars control it very closely to maintain that balance so would again like to stress that one but need to check with me before gifting one of the girls so as not to unintentionally tip that balance.
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:16 am

Oh.... and RL is kicking my ass at the moment so I am reading everything wrong, seeing things where they don't exist and overeacting soooo, ummm, just ignore me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
muse
Devotee of the Quills
muse

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 am

... for my part I was only contrasting the IC roles of my two characters.

L'il muse has been wide-eyed at the girls in dancing silks since her arrival in Laura and occasionally looks longingly at the silks on display in the market and wags her little puppy tail and begs. So far her begging has been denied.

IC, muse is mildly disappointed as she would like to learn to dance for her Master the way her alt kate dances for Fuzsea. On the whole she wants her Master to have the best, it is not so much for herself (although she does think the silks are pretty). So when he says that it suits him to keep her in leather or rags, she brightens up... what pleases him, pleases her. And she would never take anything from another Master except to bring it to her own Master and await his decision on what to do with it. muse is a very well-behaved slave. ... although not without the occasional impishness... just to amuse her Master.

kate is somewhat the dark side of muse, having all the rebellious and bad attitudes and appropriately is regularly thrashed by her Master. The flushed backside and whip marks however especially please her Master when displayed in the finest silks and obediently dancing for him in as provocative a way as possible in her attempts to get out of trouble. She simmers best when freshly whipped and angry at his boots.

The next day she is once again robbing him blind or plotting with others to liberate excess paga from her Master's storehouse. Her Master is aware of her little plots but on the whole she is useful to him and he has more important things to do than rein her in all the time. kate is a terribly bad-behaved slave but the lively dance of Fuzsea's Mastery provides much fodder for thought, ooc discussion and so is quite growthful.

kate also loves her Master but often tries hard to pretend otherwise. And yes she hates her rustic Lauran rags and so will be very excited to have silks to wear.... and has already found a way to get that locked trunk of silks onto the next ship out of El Elovar and headed towards Laura. Now if only Master can be induced to unlock it....hmmmmm....

I am sorry if my exploration of these IC traits of the two roles led to any misunderstanding by anyone... especially He Who Must be Obeyed.
Back to top Go down
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:20 am

Well, thank you both for this extensive explanation. I understand your relationship (as already did notice before this topic started, you two are very close) and I will never ever try to do anything to disrupt it or to raise an argument between you and me, Elovar.

As posted before, it was just a reply to Muse who was being sad. And if you have seen over the past years how the Dutch react on situations where people are sad/miserable by giving generously when disasters like earthquakes/floods occurred, then you know where my response came from.

I can understand how you feel about Muse. I have the same with Ayla and wish I had that 24/7 relationship too, where we now still are limited to SL....

And now, back to the subject for which this thread was started : Silky Saturday Wink
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:58 am

ummmm... yes.. we did sort of hijack the thread... my bad.

Perhaps if there is nothing of value to anyone else in our posts we should consider deleting them to give this thread back to it's topic?
Back to top Go down
Katah
Forum Neonate
Katah

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Don't forget...

IC, slaves don't actually own anything at all.

OOC, our inventories are almost always crushingly huge ;D

Almost forgot to say - unless something comes up at work, I should be able to be there Saturdays, at the very least in the evenings.
Back to top Go down
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Number of posts : 190
Homestone : Laura and the Meadowlands
Role : Proud Red Caste Captain
SL Name : Gavin Kleinfeld
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Elovar wrote:
ummmm... yes.. we did sort of hijack the thread... my bad.

Perhaps if there is nothing of value to anyone else in our posts we should consider deleting them to give this thread back to it's topic?

Not at all. Threads get "hijacked" all the time for a million reasons, LOL. Do not worry Elovar, all is fine. And I hope you start feeling better soon. I take things personally when I am upset, too. I think we all do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Well... it's a go now, we'll give it a try and have our first of these tonight March 7.

Here are some comments from others in the Gorean Community.

http://www.goreanforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5731
Back to top Go down
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:05 am

I want to thank everyone that came out, citizens, visitors, and slaves. For a last minute event with little more than a concept and crossed fingers, it turned out pretty well. There may not have been any offers to purchase, but I think we all had fun RP'ing and interacting in character. I hope the next will be even bigger and better.

I've been asked for copies of the story that was told of the Pirate Captain Redtail and his slave Scout so I posted a copy on the website so everyone can read and maybe build into future RP.

http://cityoflaura.multiply.com/journal/item/22/The_Story_of_the_Pirate_Under_the_Stairs
Back to top Go down
muse
Devotee of the Quills
muse

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:37 pm

Congratulations to Linnet for coming up with this idea and championing it forward. I don't think I have seen as many green dots in Laura for awhile .... and everyone seemed to be having a great time!
Back to top Go down
Sabina
Forum Neonate
Sabina

Number of posts : 14
Homestone : Exodar
Role : Shadow Priest
SL Name : Sabina Takakura
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:38 pm

I know you want to keep it IC - but have you thought of inviting silk makers to display new things during the event?
Most of us release at least once a week anyway, and I wouldn't mind dropping a silk or camisk on someone who wants to "model" it during the event.
Back to top Go down
http://teahousetrends.blogspot.com/
Markos
Forum Admin
Markos

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 pm

That's an awesome idea, actually. The silk makers could still be IC, selling their wares. Now that things are settling a bit, we need to get back to this again.
Back to top Go down
Sabina
Forum Neonate
Sabina

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Uhhh can I get someone else to rp selling it for me? Cause uhm.. I'm not wearing silks in Laura.
Back to top Go down
Markos
Forum Admin
Markos

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Whaaa? Why? :p
I meant RP selling the silks, not modeling them.
*rolls eyes*
Back to top Go down
Sabina
Forum Neonate
Sabina

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Yeah, but why would a scribe who owns half the silver mines of Tharna rp selling them?

I'm not trying to be nit-picky (Ok, maybe just a little bit) but lots of us wouldn't be able to rp selling them. Delora is a physician, Syngen owns the other half of gor that I don't, Dream is a panther, Talyn is.. well she's spehsul.

Maybe do what we did in Tarna for the expo? Allow merchants to put down a crate for sale for that day, then display one of the girls that is participating in the silk that is for sale there? Might convince a few more girls to participate if they know they get free silks from it.
I'll toss the idea around in my head and see what I can think of while I make dinner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silky Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky Saturday   Silky Saturday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silky Saturday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Laura :: General :: News, Notices, Updates-
Jump to: