City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paying Respect

Go down 
+7
Elovar
Sage
Linnet
Aisha
Arthor
gavinK
Dren Bernard
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dren Bernard
Apprentice Scribbler
Dren Bernard

Number of posts : 38
Homestone : Laura
Role : Head Physician
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:55 am

I can't begin to express the sorrow I felt at the event that occured this week in Plat's life..
How so much happiness can be turned upside down in one foul swoop.

I urge all Laurians to pay their respects and go and sign the Guest book at Loki's camp:

Home of the Gold Bosk People, CrazyIceman
Back to top Go down
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Number of posts : 190
Homestone : Laura and the Meadowlands
Role : Proud Red Caste Captain
SL Name : Gavin Kleinfeld
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:35 am

Our hearts are with you in your tragedy, Plat. Sending good thoughts your way to ease your suffering right now. Words cannot express....
Back to top Go down
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Number of posts : 149
Homestone : Tancred's Landing
Role : Merchant
SL Name : Arthor Landar
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 am

After months of dark times the sun was shining for Plat again... so it seemed...

This is an enormous personal tragedy.

Dear Plat, I pray you will survive this blow.

*Hugs*
Back to top Go down
Aisha
Refined Wordsmith
Aisha

Number of posts : 78
Role : Free woman
SL Name : Aisha Paule
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 am

In shock and horror I have recieved this sad news.

In my thoughts and prayers you are ... Sad

Aisha / Karlotte
Back to top Go down
Linnet
Refined Wordsmith
Linnet

Number of posts : 72
SL Name : Linnet Foggarty
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:59 pm

For those that might not have received the notice, this is a portion of what Plat sent to me to send to the group.

This morning, at 3:30 am, LokiStardust Heartsdale was taken from us in a car accident on his way to pick up his bride-to-be, our own PlatinumPanther Signals.

There is a memorial set up at Gold Bosk Wagon camp for anyone wishing to pay respects to Loki's Memory, and his family, and support Plat.

This is a time for OOC, no meters or Gorean roleplay

Dearest Plat, I still don't have the right words to say that will offer you any comfort, just know that we are all sending you as much strength as we can during this time and we're here for you and offer our deepest condolences to you and to Loki's friends and family.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Laura High Council
Sage

Number of posts : 156
Role : Ridiculously Haughty FW
SL Name : AcaciaSage Fairymeadow
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:17 pm

My thoughts and my prayers are with you Plat, and with both your families.
Back to top Go down
http://hdmenterprises.com
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Number of posts : 250
Homestone : City of Laura
Role : Nobody
SL Name : Elovar Baxton

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:02 am

I went to the location and signed the guestbook while leaving a note for the Lady Plat... seemed a little odd as it was *all* set up for the fallen one of her heart but be that as it may, I do truly feel for her and wish her only the best in this most difficult time.

I did not know her love so I will miss him through her while offering any support that I may be able to provide to her.
Back to top Go down
Platinum
Forum Neonate
Platinum

Number of posts : 10
Role : Slaver of Laura, LokiStardust Heartsdale's Companion
SL Name : PlatinumPanther Signals-Heartsdale
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Thank you Everyone....   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:32 pm

I don't know what words I can possibly say to even get to the depths of how thankful I am for everyone's kind words here, at Loki's (Mark's) camp, and when I have made the couple trips to Laura ooc to see everyone.

The support you all give me is more than I could have imagined possible.

I have my moments where I sit here and I break completely into tears missing Mark so much and the future we were to have. Other moments I'm semi ok with dear friends like all of you trying to get a smile from me in some sort of way.

I still have a long road ahead of me, with his service at his camp here in secondlife and his funeral in Texas to attend, and then to get settled again.

Just know, I may not be in Laura now or for a few days yet to come, but all of you are in my heart, and i could not ask for better people to roleplay with and to have with me in spirit when i say those final goodbyes to Mark in Texas.

Mark knew i loved Laura immensely and the people there even more. He would ask me, "Baby are you going to Laura soon?" every chance he got. He wanted to meet all of you and tell you himself how happy he knew Laura and it's people made me. We had even talked (with a suggestion from Linnet, and yes thank you Linnet, it is something Mark and I wanted very badly) about possibly trying to stream our wedding through webcam into Laura so that my Lauran family could celebrate right along with us.

When I do come back, and I will, when the time is right for me, I'll be that same "Bitchy Mistress Motherly type, do or face my wrath" Platinum I have been in the past. I miss my days in Laura and helping Ari as much as I can...I will be back, i just don't know when

I love you all

PlatinumPanther Signals-Heartsdale, aka Lori Talon in my heart, wife of Mark Talon
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kajirapanther
Jessy Mumfuzz
Apprentice Scribbler
Jessy Mumfuzz

Number of posts : 34
Role : Chief Scribe and High Council
SL Name : Jessy

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Im so sorry...Im speechless!!
Back to top Go down
Aria
Devotee of the Quills
Aria

Number of posts : 128
Homestone : Simple, wild, lovely Laura
Role : Stealth Physician
SL Name : Aria Eldridge
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:38 pm

I can't make it to the memorial tonight, but Plat - my heart is with you.

There are never enough words to lessen the pain, but know that in this time of vulnerability, you are surrounded by many who are able, willing, and honored to lend you their strength. Lean on us when you need it, we are here for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Lady Jane
Forum Neonate
Lady Jane

Number of posts : 9
Role : Apprentice Scribe
SL Name : JamesI Ecksol
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:37 am

Plat, count on me for anything you need, anytime. And I mean it.
Back to top Go down
Platinum
Forum Neonate
Platinum

Number of posts : 10
Role : Slaver of Laura, LokiStardust Heartsdale's Companion
SL Name : PlatinumPanther Signals-Heartsdale

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Thank you....   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Oh what to say again....so many tears and I'm trying very hard right now not to cry again...

Thank you all that came to the service last night...it means a great deal to me and Mark's family.

All of you are such a huge support for me and all of this at times still feels like a dream...thank you for the laughs and smiles, (yes i said laughs Smile ) that i had last night with you there....i needed something to laugh about when I've had so little to laugh about lately. Etana and Ceana had me laughing so hard about a roleplay i had done with both of them at one time where i found them both rp drunk and made them both sleep in the tarn cots til morning. I wish i had a copy of that roleplay to share with everyone cause it was fun to do with both of them. Dragon gave me a smile too when i began having great memories of my time at Bila Haruma when it was a fishing village...yes, Bila Haruma was my first sl home in gor. Thank you O, Dren, Sage, Linnet too for being there with me and Mark's family as well...(i really hope i didn't forget anyone and if i did, i'm sorry)

I have no one in the town i live in to lean on and i'm thankful that i have all of you here, in my secondlife world that are truly real friends of mine for support. None of you that i have met real life but you are all to me real people, with real support and i can't and won't forget that

I've had my moments here alone where i've screamed, i've cried, bargained with whatever someone feels their higher power is to bring Mark back. Been angry at him for leaving me, begged him to come back, wake me up from this nightmare, smiled because he loves me and he's still taking care of me in his own way. I've run the gammit of emotions and so many tell me i will for a time to come.

One memory of Mark and i that i wanted to share with everyone is one that is very precious to me and I hope it gives you a peek into the kind of man he was and is in my heart....

The night of our Companionship ceremony, roughly half an hour to an hour before we were to begin, Mark came online extremely upset. He had a horse at the ranch having a breech birth. He was so worried, and so upset at having to ask me if we could postpone the ceremony just a couple of hours. Even more upset at what my reaction would be. And i could hardly be upset at something so serious as what that momma horse was going through. I told him i couldn't be upset over something like that. The momma horse needed him so that her baby could live. He told me he loved me, thankful that i understood and logged out to go help her.

A couple hours later, Mark came back online and the momma horse and her new filly were doing just fine. He was happy, i was happy and we had our ceremonny shortly after. That's the kind of man Mark was, taking care of his horses as if they were his own family, making sure that little filly would make it and when i get to Texas, i'm gonna find that filly and tell her just how lucky she is Mark was there to help her momma and her make it through.

Just something i wanted to share

PlatinumPanther Signals-Heartsdale, aka Lori Talon
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kajirapanther
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Number of posts : 149
Homestone : Tancred's Landing
Role : Merchant
SL Name : Arthor Landar

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:16 am

Dear Lori,

Reading your posting about your FC-ceremony and that momma horse and her filly, I hope by now Mark's brother or sister in law has contacted you to come to Texas, as we were talking about in the Laura square.

Run that ranch as Mark would have done Lori, I 'm sure you can Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paying Respect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying Respect   Paying Respect I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paying Respect
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Laura :: General :: News, Notices, Updates-
Jump to: