City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fencer of Minerva

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheena Thirroul
Apprentice Scribbler
Sheena Thirroul

Number of posts : 25
Homestone : Northern Woods
Role : Panther
SL Name : Sheena Thirroul
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Fencer of Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Fencer of Minerva   Fencer of Minerva I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:23 am

Hello to all that read this, regardless of home, state of collar and so on.

today i looked through my dvd's and videos and got aware of a special jewel among them.
it is an anime, called "Fencer of Minerva" that is, as far as i got aware, loosely based on JN's novels we follow more or less in SL.

there are many things that are far from beeing from gor or beeing connected to it, on the other hand there are many nice things that would fit perfectly and show interesting points.

i especially love some scenes i remember offhand.
- a former high standing free woman is enslaved (not willingly on her end) and in the end is sold for the lowest possible value (the smallest coin available) that was made into a necklace to remember her of her new standing in society
- one of the 2 main roles (from former highest standing herself too) speaks up in a tavern, interrupting a chess-partie ... her loving owner hits her across the face and offers compensation, the offended male instead offers an intersting deal: the missbehaving slave plays for her own and is the new price if the male wins, if he looses he gives his slave away ... i especially like the honor quite low standing people showed there, he hold up his word like a gorean male should do!
- slaves walk around quite freely in the cities, not kneeling down at every free they encounter and greet them and ask if they can pass and stuff, in fact, most of them STAND most of the time, only when beeing close to a free, talking with them they generally fall down on their knees
- like i see it in most of our slvaes in the tribe, there are more then enough slaves not wanting to be free, as long as they can stay with their owner (one was offered to be freed and then marry her owner... of highest standing and turned it down in an instant!)

to summarize, i think for looking at a nice interpretation of JN's novels it is something very nice.

maybe some of you watched that anime or might give it a chance... but a warning, it is from it looks not close to the books (clothes/dressing, animals etc.), but i see a very well done society, one that i dream about when i think of gor
in the first parts of the OVA's are nice interpretations of travelling people too, i think mostly based on the wagon people of the south (like most regions there seem more suited for southern gor in general)

Sheena, Slaver of the Var Viverra She
Back to top Go down

Fencer of Minerva
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Laura :: General :: News, Notices, Updates-
Jump to: