City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RP Lead Needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gavinK
Laura High Council
gavinK

Number of posts : 190
Homestone : Laura and the Meadowlands
Role : Proud Red Caste Captain
SL Name : Gavin Kleinfeld
Registration date : 2008-07-28

RP Lead Needed Empty
PostSubject: RP Lead Needed   RP Lead Needed I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:14 pm

I sent a message to citizens' group, but I will post here as well.

Due to Isobel's absence, we need someone to step up and help us with planned RP in Laura right now. Anyone interested in helping with this please let me know!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Arthor
Devotee of the Quills
Arthor

Number of posts : 149
Homestone : Tancred's Landing
Role : Merchant
SL Name : Arthor Landar
Registration date : 2008-07-29

RP Lead Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Lead Needed   RP Lead Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:49 am

Yesterday I spoke with Lola Machin (Var Viverra tribe) who asked me about the new tribe on Siba and also how the new tribe would influence our frequency of RP with the Var. Lola thinks RP between Var and Laura might get to a very low level, and she would like to see more interaction.

I hereby ask all Laurans to not forget the Var tribe in the Northern Woods and to think about possible storylines with the tribe. Just running around and shooting at each other does not bring much satisfaction, but a good RP does. And of course the RP may involve shooting and captures, no doubt about that.

So, start your engines folks... make the brains come up with ideas and go for it !
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Number of posts : 250
Homestone : City of Laura
Role : Nobody
SL Name : Elovar Baxton

RP Lead Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Lead Needed   RP Lead Needed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:12 am

As my alt, Fuzsea Lime, I tested a boat fully loaded with goods and a passenger (my slave) and it worked well enough though...sim border crossings are still far more exciting then I would like them to be Shocked

I still have to work out and add scripts to the goods that sit in the hull, adjust a few existing scripts and animations but it is getting there. I would think not much more then a few more days and all the props should be ready though, I am sure I will be adding new ones all the time.

I will need to make contact with Lola as my alt to get the group tag so that my props (boat included) don't poof within seconds of my not having direct contact with them; Elovar has it for his boat but it is Fuz that is the Merchant and will be doing the trading trips. Elovar scouts and patrols with his though it could also be used for captive and passenger transport.

So far, I have loaded food stuffs, a hidden box of arrowheads that no one is ever, never ever going to see and seeeeekreetly barter for, cough, cough, and there is no way I am saying anything about the basket of dried kanda leaves stored under the cowling in the bow, grins...

The boat is also a great way to bring captives back to the Var or back to Laura from the Var and the transport and sale of slaves, call them what you will. I am working out some pose balls for captive transport. I have one on the prow of the ship that keeps me from scratching up my boat should I ummmmm, accidentally run into something like say..... a bridge piling or dock but it is also handy in shallow water or narrow passes. The slave tied to the front warns of shallow spots or underwater rocks and the like.

I have made contact with the the Panther Tribe on the new sim and will also involve them in the RP with the same trade. I suppose I could sell cap't Panthers from one Tribe to the other for some spicy RP too

It is my intent to work totally in RP coin only, no Lindens or real bux, this is just for RP fun. I should prolly also add that if I find that I am robbed, cap't and tortured I would find that as a reason NOT to RP in a given area again. I am sure that it will happen from time to time but just like in RL, it would keep me out of a given area.

It is also my intent to haul passengers as a way for people who otherwise would not leave the City or Tribal area to give them a chance to RP with new people in different situations while cross pollinating relationships between the sims. If these all are to end in captivity, people will quickly loose interest so it is in the interest of all parties to see this as an opportunity for interesting RP rather then a source of fresh meat on a floating stick.

The biggest problem I am having with the project is my slowass computer..... When two or more people cam lock on me, the boat stops moving or becomes unmanageable with up to 5 seconds of freeze frame time per frame in what should be a smooth flowing animation of the boat moving through the water.

Soooooooooo, when you notice the green dots of your mini map that no one ever looks at or uses showing one or more persons on the sim (the boat moving along on the water), sure, cam in and take a look to see who is on the boat but then let go!!!!!!, so I can keep on moving to the trade points.

So far the really bad places are when I sail near the pavilion of the City, the Tavern in the Meadows, the Inn in the woods and especially as I near or just get across the sim border of the Var. It is to be expected but as I say, have your look then find something else to look at so the boat can keep moving please.

I am also trying to work out some sort of horn to blow or something to announce to the general area that a boat has arrived at the trade point so people will know an RP opportunity is at hand. If no one comes, I will move along to the next trade point and do it again.

I may if this works out, take the trade boat to other Cities as well. The boat is roughly a 32 foot coastal cruiser with open deck to allow lots of goods and or places for passengers and a removable keel and rudder for shallow water. It would be able to go to most coastal cities and reach near off shore islands in RL so that is the way I am going to play it. I also built it so that the sails and rigging can be lowered for low bridges and docking so it is all falling nicely into place.

I want this to be an open invitation to the Citizens of Laura *AND* surrounding sims who would like a chance to RP with the peoples along the river for short durations. I cannot guarantee that it won't all go to hell and end up with everyone cap't but the less times that happens the more often I will make these trips.
Back to top Go down
Elovar
Forum Moderator
Elovar

Number of posts : 250
Homestone : City of Laura
Role : Nobody
SL Name : Elovar Baxton

RP Lead Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Lead Needed   RP Lead Needed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:37 am

Should also add that goods can be traded for other goods or services not just coin and that I am very open to trade good suggestions, things to enchace the RP.

So far I carry:
Hard Larma
Soft Larma
Whole Sul
Coco
Two kinds of grain, call them what you will
White salt
Red salt
Two barrels of Page though one could just as easily be Tharlarion Oil
Arrowheads
Basket of dried Kanda leaf

It should also be known that my slave is MY slave, not for sale or even for rent, she not a travling whore but very much a part of the RP... thanks for asking though tongue

...and lastly, the boat is clearly marked at a Merchant boat with large blacks scales on the brown, gold, tan some weird color sails. I will not be using this boat for raids so don't freak out when you see a boatload of what appears to be heavly armed hippy freaks with nekkid wymens approching your docks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RP Lead Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Lead Needed   RP Lead Needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Lead Needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Laura :: General :: News, Notices, Updates-
Jump to: