City of Laura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Laura

A Second Life Gorean Sim Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metal Workers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Verity Canning
Forum Neonate
Verity Canning

Number of posts : 9
Homestone : Laura
Role : Blacksmith
SL Name : Verity Canning
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Metal Workers Empty
PostSubject: Metal Workers   Metal Workers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:25 pm

I want to say thank you to all the people who've taken initiative in RP with either myself or Alexis, Laura's metal workers.

Too, even though we're specifically just "blacksmiths", in our RP, we try to cover all possible business scenarios as generic Metal Workers - working as swordmakers, armorers, farriers, locksmiths, and silversmiths.

Generally, we are concerned with the production of most metal items fabricated upon Gor. We also concerns ourselves with the branding of slaves. This service is usually available at a fair price and most Metal Workers are very skilled at this practice. We even offer a wide variety of brands for a master/mistress to choose from when branding their property.

Stuck on what we can do? We can...

- shape the hot metal of a sword with a hammer for a Warrior,
- sharpen and oil a Lady's dagger for her protection,
- repair a wagon wheel for a Merchant,
- brand a slave bought off the block,
- measure neck size, forge, engrave or repair a lock on a collar
- repair a dented, busted up shield or helmet
- work with silver, forming it into a thousand different forms and uses

... and I've even repaired the heels on Lady Jessy's boots! ^^

Get the idea? Let's get creative!

Last edited by Verity Canning on Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isobel
Laura High Council
Isobel

Number of posts : 24
Role : Admin's Assistant, Builders Caste
SL Name : Isobel Devanter
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Metal Workers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Workers   Metal Workers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:14 pm

This is a great list Verity! It's a challenge sometime to live as a Gorean as opposed to simply exist and react. Hopefully this helps inspire some to do the former and come to you and Alexis for some smith lovin' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charnia
Apprentice Scribbler

Number of posts : 28
Role : Perfumer
SL Name : Charnia Maltz
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Metal Workers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Workers   Metal Workers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:05 am

Verity Canning wrote:

- sharpen and oil a Lady's dagger for her protection,
This reminds me... I need to acquire a dagger and hairpins, any thoughts on the best place to go to do so? I was thinking of asking this in the warriors forum since they might know weapons best but as a Blacksmith of Laura I know I can count on you as well, after all, I don't think they fight with daggers and hairpins *lol*, best to ask another Free Woman Smile
Back to top Go down
Verity Canning
Forum Neonate
Verity Canning

Metal Workers Empty
PostSubject: Weapons for FW   Metal Workers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Any hairpins, daggers and whips are great if you want to use emotes for an attack through RP. As good props, which are also scripted, I suggest:

VGS has 'Tassa Dipped Hairpins' for $295L and also 'Amber-bone Hairpins' for $250
Stygian has two hairpins for $250 and $300
Merchant Tarl has a throwable hairpin for $399
Andera Shermer's hairpin is poisoned for $430L
Arcane Armory has a hairpin for $450

Andera Shermer's also has a nice 'Dagger and Whip' set for $650L, along with some other suitable Ladies' daggers, and even a slave goad (as well as a rolling pin, pan etc).

However, if you want the use of *LEGAL* weapons for combat with the meter, I've had a look out there and here's what there is (all seem to work w/ dynamic channel):

Alika Sao Weaponry (Alika Sao): two standard daggers cheap, and a nice slave goad
Angels & Daemons (Norton Burns): lovely, feminine daggers
Harbinger & Stormie Designs (Navar Harbinger): Faith and Sai are especially nice
JaraCreations (Jaraziah Lowell): Black Dagger for $10L!!!
Markz's Weapons (Markz McMahon): two rustic daggers great for Low castes
Sinister Serenity Designs (Zetto Zabelin): a few decent daggers
Stygian Weaponry (Madlax Stygian): a long dagger here which is quite nice, and a cunai pouch (if you can get away hiding it under a dress *grins*)
Weapon X weapons (Xero Escape): no daggers here, but the whips are great
Back to top Go down
Isobel
Laura High Council
Isobel

Number of posts : 24
Role : Admin's Assistant, Builders Caste
SL Name : Isobel Devanter
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Metal Workers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Workers   Metal Workers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:36 pm

Thank you Verity! I don't own a dagger but now I think I shall.

Can anyone tell me the appropriate situations that these weapons would be used? Daggers/poisoned hairpins.

Or any experiences you have had and were forced to bring them out.
Back to top Go down
Verity Canning
Forum Neonate
Verity Canning

Metal Workers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Workers   Metal Workers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Hmm, this is a toughy. As Free Women, in our home stone, we're reliant on the men to protect us. Too, as Free Women, we have to balance doing our best to remain free as well and defending our own safety without open agressiveness. Usually our words, politeness, intelligence, and common sense in a dangerous situation should help counter it. Back down if you have to.

In a confrontational situation, best thing to do immediately is shout for help and/or run!

However, there are times when there aren't any guards within close enough range to realistically hear your shouting, especially in a building or somewhere like in the bath-house. Too, you might be forcefully held in place or blocked from retreating.

There may be times when your only option is react defensively - eg. you're being threatened with a collaring, death, or even rape by a stranger. This is a perfect time to drop all the niceties and think of your self-preservation and survival. Being careful to not god-mod, using your best judgement for the moment, suprise them by drawing your hair-pin or dagger to just stab them and flee at the nearest opportunity once they're disabled. We have to remember that men can and WILL over-power us, and perhaps not take lightly to a woman with a weapon, either dagger or pin. It's just one of the risks we have to take.

Too, when stabbing someone, I would aim for the most vulnerable and exposed part - eyes, neck, chest - and would do it fast even by distracting them by just using your natural reactions and reflexes to just hit them just under the nose with your palm with some force and immediately continue with a swift, hard kick straight in the groin upwards (just because we aren't strong, doesn't mean we can't be dexterous and aim with precision!)

Anyone else with thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Workers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Workers   Metal Workers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Workers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Laura :: Castes and Roles :: Low Caste-
Jump to: